"History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake." - James Joyce

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Idiotcocrates of the Day



The Urban Dictionary defines douchebag as "Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached fucker or motherfucker." I hereby launch a new featured on this blog: the Idiotocrates of the Day. Things being what they are, I could probably create an Idiotocrates of the minute feature, but I will be satisfied with noting the occasional, exceptionally egregious examples for the honor. Starting off, the Indiana teacher responsible for stating this:
"We don't agree with it (homosexuality), and it's offensive to us. Homosexual students come to me with their problems, and I don't agree with them, but I care about them. It's the same thing with my special needs kids. I think God puts everyone in our lives for a reason...I honestly don't [think gays have a purpose]. Sorry, but I don't. I don't understand it. A gay person isn't going to come up and make some change unless it's to realize that it was a choice and they're choosing God."

I think it is safe to say that this person should not be teaching youngsters, and has no purpose in life that I can discern. In addition, comparing her to a "special needs" student would be redundant.
Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/#ixzz2LYtDIZm6

No comments:

Post a Comment