"History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake." - James Joyce

Friday, November 16, 2012

Xmas In Disneyland

I went to Disneyland with a friend yesterday and enjoyed the Xmas decorations. They always dress up the park nicely, and this year they had the added attraction of the new Carsland, where they put up a lot of clever pieces. Notice above: the garlands are made up of air filters, with a tire for a wreathe. There's a nice element of humor here: trees made up of hubcaps, oilcans, roadsigns, cones, etc., which I like. I think this is one of Disney's more successful ventures (although the main ride of closed, I've ridden it before, and it's definitely an "E" ticket). It's nice to have a pass where one can take one's time and enjoy the park rather than rushing around trying to cram in as much as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment