"History is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake." - James Joyce

Monday, November 26, 2012

Yaoi/Bara of the Day

I can't get enough of this stuff. It's too bad that we in the west give it short-shrift: our graphic output, though interesting, doesn't seem to have the creative zest that the Japanese give it. They have a wonderful cornucopia of imaginative output that leaves us in the dust. Perhaps its the historical repressiveness around sexuality which brings it out imaginatively, I don't know. What I do know is that their culture allows its expression, while here in America it's often repressed, particularly its more fringe forms (shota, guro). Anyway, I intend to post more often these fine artistic expressions of gay graphic sensibility:

I'm not surely what exactly is going on here, but it sure is interesting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment